https://skypenglish4u.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/title5-2.jpg 486 850 Jessica http://skypenglish4u.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/SE4U2-2-4.jpg Jessica2013-09-17 10:10:172013-09-17 10:10:17Cooking with an English recipe
Cooking with an English recipe
Now that September is well underway, school has begun and so have regular English classes.
Today is a cold, wet, rainy day and my student of 9 years old is coming over. I've had to rethink my lesson for the day because we can't go outside so I thought we would make cookies or a cake. Here is a really great recipe that's not too difficult to understand.
Chocolate fridge cake
This is a no bake cake that keeps fresh in the fridge for two weeks or more (if it lasts that long)!
You will need:
250 grams digestive biscuits
150 grams of plain or dark chocolate
150 grams of milk chocolate
100 grams of unsalted butter
150 grams of golden syrup
100 grams of dried apricots, chopped
75 grams of raisins
60 grams of pecans or other nuts (optional)
1. Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and bash them into pieces with a rolling pin.
2. Melt both kids of chocolate, the butter, and the golden syrup in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (bain marie), Stir well.
3. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the broken biscuits, apricots, raisins, and nuts.
4. Line a 20cm (8in) shallow, square shaped tin with clingfilm. Spoon the mix into the tin and level it by pressing down with a potato masher.
5. Set the cake in the fridge for 1 -2 hours. Then turn it out and peel off the clingfilm.
Here comes Autumn!!!!!